No current openings
Title: Junior content writer
Hours: 28 h / week
Pay: 16,000 - 17,000 / year (full time equivalent 23 - 25 k/ year)
Contract length: 1 year fixed term employment contract, part time.
- You’ll be directly involved in our work, every team member has an impact on our company development and high level decision making
- Regular three monthly pay rise opportunities
- In house training and one-to-one personal development sessions with company founders
- Work from anywhere policy
- Flexible work and work from home
- Pension contributions
- 22 days holiday
- Opportunities for full time work in the future
- Detail oriented and consistent
- Curious and a quick learner
- Comfortable with complex technical and scientific themes
- Passionate about sustainability and green innovation
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Fluent spoken and written English
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous copywriting or content marketing experience or experience in a similar role
- Graphics, editing or other content related hard skills
- A good academic record, bonus points for STEM, marketing or journalism related degrees
You love to get your teeth into researching, understanding and explaining a topic to different audiences. This especially includes being able to understand and explain topics that are very technical, emerging or specialist. You have a knack for storytelling, making things accessible and interesting. You see online platforms as an important tool in communicating with others and sharing new ideas.
You’re a consistent, detail oriented and talented writer. You love to learn and have an extremely high standard for knowledge. You feel that you have to properly research something independently to understand it and are very proactive in your work.
Adopter is a digital marketing company for green technology adoption. Our clients range from startups to scaling businesses, incubators, and international organisations inventing green technologies and forging new green tech markets. Currently, around 80% of our client base are developing solutions that are in the ‘world first’ for that type.
We help these organisations frame their messaging and grow their online presence, so that they can effectively communicate their emerging climate crisis solutions to their customers, investors and potential employees.
Our clients have included:
Ground breaking early stage businesses like...
- Nature Alpha, a London startup using AI to provide biodiversity risk and intelligence data at scale for asset managers. Recently, NA’s solution has been recognised by the United Nations UNESCO International Research Centre of Artificial Intelligence as a Global Top 10 Outstanding Project for the use of AI to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Low Carbon Materials (previously Sphera), a North-East based scaling startup founded by scientists who invented a technology for creating carbon neutral and carbon negative aggregate concrete blocks. Low Carbon Materials' solution presents a significant opportunity to reduce the emissions of the carbon-intensive construction sector across the globe.
- Multus Media, a growing startup at the forefront of disruptive agritech. Multus make key ingredients for the affordable scale-up of cellular agriculture. For example, using a proprietary machine learning platform to optimise a variety of growth factor proteins to meet the requirements for growing different animal cell types and tissues at scale.
NGOs, accelerators and international organisations at the forefront of green technology market and solution development, such as...
- Taskforce on Nature Markets, an international group shaping the emerging nature markets to ensure they deliver nature positive and equitable outcomes. It is led by a remarkable group of leaders ranging from policy and technology leaders to indigenous communities.
- NatureFinance (previously Finance for Biodiversity Initiative), an international NGO focused on resetting the relationship between nature and finance is at the core of building an inclusive, sustainable world. Their work is focused on shaping the policy and regulatory landscape around such areas as governance of carbon markets or the food-finance nexus.
- The Sustainability-Linked Sovereign Debt Hub, and international initiative reshaping sovereign debt markets to deliver a sustainability dividend. It is a platform which aims to connect stakeholders and support the creation of standards and tools that incorporate nature and climate considerations into the sovereign bond ecosystem. The advisory board of SSDH includes such members as the World Bank and the Institute of International Finance (IIF).
- Green Digital Finance Alliance, a Swiss organisation focused on supporting sustainable development in the financial technology sector. Recently, with Adopter’s help, GDFA launched the world’s first classification of green fintech.
- Barclays Eagle Labs, the innovation wing of Barclays.
- Cultivate, an agritech accelerator from Barclays Eagle Labs and Harper Adams University with sustainability at its core.
Moreover, Adopter is working with top academic institutions like Durham University to research green technology adoption in the B2B settings with groups like the World Commerce and Contracting Association.
Adopter is also a knowledge partner to the Taskforce on Nature Markets alongside organisations like The Nelson Mandela School of Public Governance, IUCN, or The Royal Foundation/Earthshot Prize.
Joining our team means being right at the centre of our company’s development and our work.
We centre our culture on three principles:
- Learning - As a company we work with organisations at the edge of innovation, our team are naturally curious and passionate about understanding new ideas. Continuous learning, personal development and expertise honing are core parts of the way we work.
- Sustainability & ethical growth - As a business we want sustainability and ethics to be at the heart of our growth and development. We are constantly learning how to be better and welcome new ideas from our team.
- Working with the solutions we believe in - At Adopter we only work with companies we genuinely believe are solving the climate crisis. No greenwashing allowed!
How to Apply
Click 'Start your application!' to take our ~15 minute recruitment test. If you are successful we'll get in touch via email to ask for your CV and a cover letter for the role.
If you have any questions email email@example.com.
Applications close 21.11.2022 and will be assessed on a rolling basis (so get your application in as soon as possible!).
If you identify as neurodiverse please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Neurodiversity can include those with Dyslexia, Autism, ADHD, Dyspraxia and other learning disabilities.
Adopter is working to continuously make our recruitment processes more diverse and inclusive. If you have any feedback, please contact email@example.com.